Can I bring a dog to Avianca?
Imagine you had booked a flight ticket with Avianca Airline to take a business trip. Still, you must stay with your four-legged friend, and now you are stressing about the Avianca Airlines Pet Policy and wondering if the airline will allow your cat on the flight and what the guidelines and requirements for flying with your pet are. Then keep reading the information below to learn about the airline pet policies and process.
What is Avianca Airlines' Pet Policy?
In-Cabin Pet Policy
- You can take only a cat or a dog as a pet in the cabin, and other pets are not allowed in the cabin during flight journeys.
- If you wish to fly with your pet, the travel request should be made at least 48 hours before the departure time.
- If you wish to take your emotional support pet with you in the cabin during the journey, it should weigh no more than 10 kg. It should be traveled in a flexible crate and will be placed under the seat in front.
- The container dimensions should be at most 41cm, Width 28cm, and Height 20cm.
- Each passenger is allowed to take one pet with them.
- The pet should always remain in its container during its flight journey.
- You should reach the airport at least 2 hours prior to domestic flights and 3 hours prior to international flights, and at least one passenger should be there with the pet at the Avianca counter.
- You must submit all the required documents and fill out the form required for the pet to travel.
- Passengers that are aggressive in nature may be traveled in the hold, and the prices may change for their travel.
Cargo hold Pet Policy
- The airlines allow dogs, cats, and roosters in their cargo.
- Only one animal is allowed in one cage, and your pet should be able to move comfortably in the cage.
- The container size can vary depending on the size of the pet.
- Traveling of pets on hold is subject to availability, so you should confirm with customer support.
- Your pet must be leashed, collared, and muzzled at the airport during boarding, and it must remain in its crate during the whole in-flight journey.
- The airline does not allow cats and dogs that are less than four months old as their rabies vaccination is not done.
- The carriage of cockerels is only allowed on domestic flights in Colombia.
- The requirements for international travel may depend on your destination country, such as the health certificate of the animal issued by a veterinarian, which includes the gender, breed, and age of the animal.
See More Related Blogs
- How Can I get my Allegiant boarding pass on my phone?
- Can I get a call back from Qantas?
- How much baggage is allowed in Japan Airlines?
- How early to check in for Japan Airlines?
- How do I change my name on Qantas app?
- How do I Check-in online at Qantas?
- How do I get my boarding pass Swiss?
- How early to check-in for Singapore Airlines?
- How Much Luggage is Allowed in Air Asia?
- How Many Weeks Pregnant Can you Fly with Qantas?