What is delta Airline's Pet Policy?
Traveling to your desired destination with your pets is always challenging, as you must follow several policies and conditions. Still, if you fulfill these conditions, you can complete your journey more comfortably. Most airlines allow you to travel with your pets, and Delta airlines are one of them; you will benefit from delta airline's animal policy if you book a Delta flight. You need to read below to learn detailed information about Delta pet travel.
Delta Carry-On Pets Policies
Delta airlines have pet policies that give information about which pet travels with a carry-on and which has to send in cargo. If you want detailed information about these policies, you need to read below.
- If your pet's weight is under 8 kg, you can carry it in flight, but if the weight exceeds, it will be sent in cargo.
- Your pet must be at least 16 weeks old if you want to travel to any international destination. For European destinations, pets need to be 15 weeks old, and For domestic destinations, the pet has to be 8 years old.
- One pet is permitted by the airlines if the UN-weaned litter is in between 10 weeks to 6 months of age.
- You can carry two pets in one kennel if they are between 10 weeks to 6 months of age and their bread and size are the same.
- Per the delta airlines pet policy, the sides of the box or kennel you carry your pet must be leakproof and adequately ventilated.
- Your pet must be fully vaccinated, and you must carry its proper travel documents.
Shipping your pet through cargo
- If your pet's shape, size, or weight is not as per the carry-on pet policies, you must send it via cargo.
- To send your pet via cargo, you need to make a separate booking, and you need to pay additional charges.
- If you want to ship your pet within the country, you must make bookings at least 14 days before departure. If the time left is less than 14 days, you cannot reserve your flight.
How to check in with pets on Delta?
According to the delta animal policy, you can not check in through the website or the kiosk machine; you must complete the check-in process through the Delta Airlines counter available at the airport. At that counter, the representative will analyze your pet and its kennel; then, you have to provide the mandatory documents of your pet and other relevant information. After this, pay the applicable fee, and you will get the cabin pet tag; you need to go to the security check-in point. Further completing the security check process, you will be ready to go with your pet to your desired destination.
What are Carry-On Pet Fees on Delta?
For going to the U.S., Canada, or U.S virgin islands, you have to pay the amount of 95USD to 130USD. As per the delta pet policy, if you are going to any international destination, you need to pay around 180USD to 250USD.
By reading the above, you will learn about the delta dog policy. Still, if you get any issues or want further information about Delta airlines, you can dial the mentioned number 1 (800) 221-1212 and get the help of the representative.
See More Related Blogs
- How Can I get my Allegiant boarding pass on my phone?
- Can I get a call back from Qantas?
- How much baggage is allowed in Japan Airlines?
- How early to check in for Japan Airlines?
- How do I change my name on Qantas app?
- How do I Check-in online at Qantas?
- How do I get my boarding pass Swiss?
- How early to check-in for Singapore Airlines?
- How Much Luggage is Allowed in Air Asia?
- How Many Weeks Pregnant Can you Fly with Qantas?