Delta Airlines Name Change/Upgrade – Terms & Conditions
Delta Airlines Name Correction Policy
If there is any mistake in your name or you have entered your name wrong while booking your flight ticket, you should correct it to avoid any problems at the time of departure. Before making any changes read the Delta Airlines name correction policy to understand better the Airline's rules and regulations on name changing. Here are some points from the airline policy, which you can read if you want to change your name on the ticket:
- Passengers only allow the change of the three characters on their name.
- passenger can make the change only once, and if they want to do it again, they have to book a new ticket.
- If their name is written inverted, you can change it for free.
- If they change their name after 24 hours of booking, you must pay some additional amount.
- Contact customer service if your name requires correction for more than three characters.
Types of Delta name Correction
There are four main types in which the passengers usually make changes in their name, which are mentioned.
Correction in the first or middle name
The passengers traveling with Delta Airlines are allowed to make the correction in their first or middle name and get their ticket reissued if they provide the following details correctly.
- Correct PNR.
- It is also necessary to mention the OSI message to the PNR advising that a name correction is required to be made:
Correction in the last name of the passengers
If the passengers wish to make the Delta name Correction in their last name, they must follow the steps below.
- The passengers are allied to change their last names upon three characters. If the correction is more than three characters, passengers must connect with Global Sales Support for reliable assistance.
- The passengers also have to correct their names in the PNR.
Addition in the last name without making any name change
- It is always necessary for the passengers to correct the name in the PNR.
- Mention the OSI message to the PNR mentioning the name correction has been made:
- The ticket will be reissued as an even exchange.
First and last are inverted on your ticket
- The essential step is to correct the name in the PNR.
- Send the OSI message to the PNR mentioning the name correction:
How to Change Name on Delta Airlines?
If you want to change your name, then there is no need to worry, as there are a few methods through which you can do that. The two fastest ways to change your name are through a website and a phone call. To know the process read the further information:
Through Website - You can easily make changes to your name through the website from anywhere and anytime with the help of a mobile phone or laptop and a stable internet connection. Here are the steps which you can follow to make changes to your name:
- Go to the official webpage of the Airline "https://www.delta.com/" or open their mobile app.
- Click on the "My trips" option from the menu.
- Write the "PNR number" and your "First and Last name."
- Then select the "Change details" option.
- Correct your name and provide a relevant government document for verification.
- Pay if any amount shows on the screen.
- After that, you will receive a message on your registered email regarding your flight details with the correct name.
Through Call - The fastest way to change your name is by calling Delta Airlines' name change phone number, and the representative will help you correct your name on the ticket. You can follow the given steps to connect with a representative and change your name:
- Dial the customer support number of Delta Airlines (1800 123 6645)
- Choose the preferred options from the IVR service
Press 1 to file a complaint
Press 2 to know the status of your flight
Press 3 to change the information on your ticket
Press 4 to book a ticket
Press # to directly connect with the customer service representative
- Provide the information about your flight; the representative will help you change your ticket's name. You will receive a link to pay the amount securely if there is any fine.
- Then you will get a notification email about the upgraded information on your flight.
How much does it cost to change the name on a Delta plane ticket?
Delta allows you to name change for your plane ticket and charges you around $50 per passenger. You can apply for the Delta name change process on the reservation site or directly approach a travel agent easily.
See More Related blogs
How do I ask Delta for a callback?
- How do I speak to someone at Newark Airport?
- Does Play Airlines allow a carry-on?
- How do I connect to DFW Airport?
- How do I speak to someone at Jetstar?
- How to add student discount in Lufthansa Airlines?
- How many weeks pregnant can you fly Qatar Airways?
- How to add student discount in Turkish Airlines?
- How to add TSA Precheck to American Airlines?
- How do I talk to a WestJet Agent?
- How do I contact Miami Airport?
Frequently Asked Questions
"Yes, you can", change the name on the Delta ticket online when you need to correct spelling mistakes. The manage booking section is always free to use online, so edit the spelling of your names and find your booking service comfortably.
Delta allows you to change your name, which is very simple every time after the reservation. It would be best if you were ready to pay for the Delta name change fee of around 125 USD for correction, and for a complete name change, you must pay the total cast is about 275 USD per head.
You can change your name on Delta flights quickly, and to omit your doubt go through the steps below.
· Visit the official booking website of Delta airlines and go to manage booking.
· Enter the reservation number and last name of the passenger and select the change section.
· Select the name change section and click on the edit button.
· You can correct the first and last name with valid proof of documents and contact a live person for a complete name change quickly.
“Yes”, it allows you to change the name on your flight ticket after the reservation. A name change is straightforward when you do so within 24 hours before flight departure and avoid paying extra charges.