Can I Fly If I Misspelled My Name?
Yes, the passengers can fly with the airline if they have accidentally misspelled their name while making the reservation of their flight ticket. All they need to do is make the name correction, after which they can board their flight ticket. To make the name change, the passengers must know the basic rules to make the name change and the process related to the same.
Rules to make the name correction
- The passengers can make the changes in their first name by up to three characters for free if they cancel within 24 hours of making the reservation of their flight ticket.
- The passengers can only make the changes in their flight tickets in case of minor errors, as the airline doesn't allow complete name changes for the passengers.
- The passengers can change their last name in case of marriage and divorce, provided they must submit the necessary documents supporting their claim.
- If the passengers have made the reservation of their flight ticket with the airline with their nickname, then they can change it to their official name. However, government-authorized proof is required to be submitted.
- The name correction fee may differ per the changes on your domestic and international flights.
- If the passengers have made a significant name change in their flight ticket, they must pay the change fee for the correction.
The airline understands the passengers' needs and provides an online facility to proceed quickly with the name change.
Process to Making Name Correction
- The first and foremost step is to get onto the airline's official website.
- Once you enter the airline's official website, look for the 'Manage Booking' section.
- Enter the PNR number as well as the last name of the passenger to proceed and get onto the flight details page.
- Select the name change option after getting onto the flight detail page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to make the changes in your name and provide the necessary information and documents requested by the airline.
- Once all the details are complete, you will get redirected to the payment page to pay the name correction fee.
Hope the information given above has provided you with the answer: Can I fly if I misspelled my name? If you ever face any doubt, connect with customer service.
- How Can I get my Allegiant boarding pass on my phone?
- Can I get a call back from Qantas?
- How much baggage is allowed in Japan Airlines?
- How early to check in for Japan Airlines?
- How do I change my name on Qantas app?
- How do I Check-in online at Qantas?
- How do I get my boarding pass Swiss?
- How early to check-in for Singapore Airlines?
- How Much Luggage is Allowed in Air Asia?
- How Many Weeks Pregnant Can you Fly with Qantas?