AirAsia Cancellation/Refund: Terms & Conditions
How do I get a refund from AirAsia?
AirAsia is the Malaysian flag air carrier and is a budget airline. If you choose to fly with AirAsia, then you get very good deals on your flight. In case you are required to cancel your bookings, then you will get the purchase amount based on the AirAsia Refund Policy. You can easily cancel the bookings and apply for a refund online on their official site.
AirAsia Cancellation Policy
For a refund, you first need to cancel your bookings, and the cancellation can be made based on AirAsia Cancellation Policy which is mentioned below:
- Bookings must be canceled prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Cancellation can be made free of charge if it's under 24 hours of booking and should have at least 7 days before the departure of the flight.
- Cancellation charges should be paid at AirAsia for canceling the reservation after 24 hours of purchase.
- Bookings can be canceled directly from Air Asia if it has been purchased from the airline itself or not from a third party.
AirAsia Refund Policy
- Flight tickets should be refundable to get a refund amount on your bank from AirAsia.
- Non-refundable flight tickets are not eligible for a refund on the same mode of payment. You will receive the purchase amount in the form of credit points or a travel voucher.
- Cancellation under 24 hours of purchase entitles you to a full refund.
- Cancellation after 24 hours of purchase entitles you to a refund after deducting the taxes and charges.
Procedure To Apply for Refund At AirAsia
If you do not require the reservation on an AirAsia flight, you can cancel and apply for the refund following the below procedure:
- Head to the website of AirAsia on your device,
- Select the Manage column on the Homepage,
- Put PNR Booking Number and Name,
- Hit the Get Itinerary Button,
- Then select the flight ticket and choose the "cancel" option underneath,
- Pay the AirAsia Cancellation Fee, if applicable, at the time of cancellation,
- After the payment, your booking will be canceled,
- Now tap the refund option on the same page,
- The refund form will open on your screen,
- Now put the details on the form that are required,
- Enter the Submit refund request button,
- You will receive the notification for cancellation and apply for a refund at AirAsia.
Following the procedure is easy and gets your work done within a few steps. If you are facing an error in doing the same, you must reach out to the AirAsia customer service team. The refund generally takes 7 working days to be credited to your account.
- How Can I get my Allegiant boarding pass on my phone?
- Can I get a call back from Qantas?
- How much baggage is allowed in Japan Airlines?
- How early to check in for Japan Airlines?
- How do I change my name on Qantas app?
- How do I Check-in online at Qantas?
- How do I get my boarding pass Swiss?
- How early to check-in for Singapore Airlines?
- How Much Luggage is Allowed in Air Asia?
- How Many Weeks Pregnant Can you Fly with Qantas?